How The Benefits of Meditation Can Change Your Life! – by Tana Hoy
When you begin to explore your psychic powers and you start doing your research, you will encounter many self-help guides; and these instructional materials will almost always tell you to meditate.
You may encounter books that tell you to such “empty your mind” or “let your inner self out.” You may also find some that tell you to “relax and free yourself of thoughts.” But how do you empty your mind? How do you stop thinking?
What Does Meditation Do?
Before you start practicing meditation, you need to first understand what it is. Primarily, meditation is quieting the mind. The mind continuously processes information, it is always moving! And it won’t stop until you make a conscious attempt at settling it down.
Meditation is freeing your mind of thoughts, including worries, daily schedules, deadlines, bills, and mortgages, as well as memories, hopes, how annoyed you are with an office mate, or even how that attractive person looked at you today.
When you first start meditating, it is only not about “emptying the mind”, but more of letting your thoughts pass through. This takes discipline and patience, but with consistent practice, you will reap its rewards.
The Benefits Of Meditation
There are numerous benefits of meditation, and the benefits are well worth the time you invest into it. Think of it this way – a woodcutter knows that his job is dependent not only on his ability to swing his axe, but also in the sharpness of his blade. So, he sits down and sharpens his axe, never even considering that this is a waste of his time.
Once you get into the habit of calming your mind, you will be able to loosen the bonds that limit you to the physical world we live in. Your inner self will have “room to maneuver” thus allowing you to experience things such as:
• Getting in touch with the universe. The universe is energy, and so are your thoughts, so once you learn to quiet your mind, you will be able to sense the energy of the universe.
• Seeing beings from other realms. Calming your mind will allow you to become sensitive enough to perceive the presence of non-human beings.
• Becoming more perceptive. Once you learn to calm your mind, you will be able to “see through” other people better – know when they are lying, for instance – as well as be more sensitive to situations.
• Having a better disposition. Meditation not only relaxes your mind but it also relaxes your whole self, so you will be rejuvenated physically, intellectually, emotionally, and even socially.
• Also, by having a calmer outlook, you will be able to focus more on the task at hand and perform your duties better.
How To Begin Meditating
There are many meditation techniques, but here is an excellent way to begin:
1. Find a quiet room, because this will keep away distractions. Once you’re well-practiced, you will be able to meditate even in noisy areas.
2. Find a comfortable position. You may lie down, sit on a chair, or sit on a mat with your legs crossed.
3. Keep you back straight. This allows the energy within you to flow more freely.
4. You may close your eyes. Some practitioners prefer to keep their eyes half-open, focusing on a point a couple of feet in front of them.Now, breathe.
5. Breathe in through your nose. Don’t force this. Instead, breathe in slowly and gently. Hold it in.
6. Breathe out through your mouth. When you exhale, don’t let it all out in one breath. Instead, let out a bit of air, hold for a little while, exhale a little more, hold, and then exhale the rest.
7. Continue doing this for about five minutes.
8. Let go of your thoughts. If you find unpleasant memories surfacing in your mind, don’t fight back, but don’t entertain them either. Simply let them pass.
9. After five minutes of breathing meditation, open your eyes gently.
10. Do this each day, gradually increasing the time as you go along.
11. Try to increase your meditation to two times a day, 20 minutes each time.
As you practice your meditation, you will become more relaxed, detaching yourself from the stresses of your daily earthly life. With patience, you will open up your inner self, develop your innate psychic abilities, and start seeing the true benefits of meditation.