The Powerful Benefits of Meditation – by Tana Hoy
I’m a strong advocate of meditation. As a psychic medium, I know that it is with a quiet mind that we’re able to reach into our deep consciousness and open up our psychic awareness.
Meditation is psychically beneficial, but did you know that it has other benefits, too?
The Many Benefits of Meditation
Here are just a few of the great effects of meditation, aside from helping you to become more psychically intuned!
• Physical health. Meditation helps lower blood pressure, ease pain caused by stress, such as headaches, ulcers, muscle problems, and the like, improve the immune system, raise energy levels, and improve sleep.
• Emotional health. Meditating regularly prevents and releases stress, minimizes anxiety, promotes calm, improves emotional stability, and helps in achieving harmony and steadiness.
• Mental health. It promotes creativity, clarity in thinking, memory, and focus, as well as sharpens and expands the mind.
• Spiritual health. Regularly getting into a meditative state helps you to discover your true self. With meditation, your consciousness evolves, you take steps into personal transformation, and you develop cosmic awareness.
But in the most basic level, meditation results in a relaxed and rejuvenated body and mind. If you want peace, longevity, mental clarity, good health, and wealth, then I recommend making time to meditate each day.
Different Ways To Meditate
In many of my articles, I’ve often suggested going to a quiet room and sitting in a comfortable position. It’s because the stillness of your body, and of your surroundings, allow you to focus inward. However, this method is not the only way to quiet your mind.
There are conventional methods of meditating, such as sitting in a lotus position, walking, etc. However, you can also get into a meditative state while washing dishes, taking a shower, watering the plants, painting or drawing, sitting on a swing, or doodling.
Remember that the primary objective of meditation is to relax your body and free your mind. So, if you can train yourself to meditate while you’re doing your chores, or while traveling to the office, you’ll find yourself feeling less stressed and more tranquil throughout the day.
The Basics Of Meditation
There are relaxation techniques for meditating where you focus your attention on one thing, such as your muscles, your breathing, an image in your mind, a mantra, or an actual object like a candle flame.
Other forms of meditation tell you to focus on nothing in particular, but instead, to be aware of everything around you From the breeze to the chirping of birds, to the scent of leaves on the ground. Regardless of which method you choose, there are certain points that you should remember when you meditate:
• Release tension from your muscles.
When you meditate, you must allow your body to loosen up. Release muscle tension from your face, neck, back, arms, fingers, all the way to your toes.
• Free your mind of all worries and concerns.
The mind has a way of wandering off. So when worries, memories, schedules, responsibilities, and plans, invade your mind as you meditate, don’t fight them but don’t entertain them either. Allow these thoughts to flow, like dried leaves being carried off by a stream.
• Release all negativity and let go of painful memories.
You also need to release negative emotions such as anger, resentment, thoughts of revenge, and the like. Imagine these emotions to be like a rock that you’re clenching tightly in your hand, 24 hours a day. When you meditate, visualize yourself opening your hand and releasing this rock.
The Best Way To Start
You can start meditating for a few minutes per day, increasing the duration each week. In time, you will reap the numerous benefits of meditation, and I assure you, you’ll never regret it!
However, if, for some reason, you find yourself unable to free yourself of the past, or you’re weighed down by worries of the future, then it may be time to consider a psychic reading.
A phone psychic reading can help you pinpoint factors that may be causing you stress, and help ease your mind of unnecessary concerns about the future.