How To Use Positive Affirmations To Build Your Self Confidence
Facing an upcoming interview, presentation, performance, or even anticipating an important deal, can make you feel nervous and unsure of yourself. But while anxiety is the natural reaction that most people have under such circumstances, if you are to succeed, then you must not be like most people. You need to be like the few individuals who are already successful! To do this, you can start using positive affirmations.
What Are Positive Affirmations?
Positive affirmations are short positive sentences that you recite to yourself over and over again. They are meant to dispel negative beliefs in your mind, and replace them with positive thoughts.
By dislodging the negative feelings of fear, insecurity, and low self-esteem, you will be able to let your full potential come out, so that you can be the best that you can be.
But positive affirmations are a bit more than just saying, “I can do this.” There are certain steps that you need to take, along with setting aside a few moments to start.
How To Build Your Self Confidence Using Positive Affirmations
• Go to a quiet room where you can concentrate and relax.
• Settle your mind and pinpoint that “thing” that you want. If you are going to sing onstage, for instance, then what do want to happen? You want to be able to sing well, of course! So focus on that. If you’re nervous, you are probably thinking of the thousand and one ways your performance could go wrong – but chances are, those 1,001 ways are not going to happen anyway, so let go of those non-helpful thoughts.
• Once you’ve identified what it is you want, say it. Mentally affirm it! Your mind radiates energy, and that energy is in tune with the universe’s energy. You attract whatever you think about, so think of what you want, and not about what you don’t want.
• Now, imagine yourself onstage and be the singer. Know in your heart that you are a singer, and believe you are a singer. You are one, otherwise you wouldn’t be getting on that stage in the first place.
• Once you have mentally commanded this, you need to put it into words. Choose your statement carefully. Instead of simply saying, “I can do this” or “I want to be singer,” you can say instead, “Onstage is where my singing talent comes alive,” or “I am a singer, and I enjoy performing in front of a live audience,” or “Singing onstage is what I love doing.”
• When you have chosen your positive affirmation, memorize it, and say it over and over again. Be thankful to the universe for the positive energy, then walk out of the room knowing that you are what you want to be.
Doubts will crop up once in a while, so it is important that you say your chosen positive affirmation throughout the day, every day – when you wake up, while on your way to work, while combing your hair, while drinking your coffee, during rehearsals – wherever you are.
You can also reinforce your positive affirmation by writing it down and keeping a copy in your wallet, on your refrigerator door, under your pillow, and any place that you will see it.
Do Positive Affirmation work?
Absolutely! The mind is very powerful and there is power in positive thinking. You attract what you think about – that’s the law of attraction. This means that when you think about something, you are inviting it into your life, whether it’s positive or negative.
Through daily affirmations, you will dislodge negative beliefs that are buried inside your subconscious; and you will replace them with positive thoughts that attract positive results!