Does Everyone Have Psychic Powers? – by Tana Hoy
Everyone is born with psychic powers, but some people seem to be more naturally aware of them, and have been using their psychic gifts since they were young. While others learn to awaken their abilities only later in life.
But the important thing to know is that you have this power inside you too – you only have to learn to develop it.
What Is A Psychic?
By definition, a psychic is a person who is sensitive to vibrational forces or influences.
I think that one important word to note here is "sensitive", because psychics are highly sensitive to the energies around them. They can sense energy vibrations from other people's thoughts, vibrations that were left behind from past events, and even vibrations coming from supernatural beings, etc.
Sensitivity to these energy vibrations varies from one psychic to the next, which is why there are different fields of expertise, and also why all psychic abilities are not the same.
The Different Types Of Abilities Psychics Have
There are many different psychic gifts, and you may excel in one, two, or several of them. You may be gifted in areas such as empathy, which is the ability to feel other's emotions as if they were your own. Healing, which is the ability to heal physical ailments in others, or mediumship, being able to communicate with the deceased, angels, spirit guides, or other highly evolved beings!
There is also something called precognition, which is the ability to know about events before they happen, and even psychometry, which is the gift of being able to "feel" information by touching an object.
Some psychics "hear" sounds from the spiritual world, while others may get impressions, or see flashes of images in their minds.
Tana Hoy's Psychic Quiz
Since psychic gifts are innate, you may already be using your powers without even realizing it. So here are some of the most common experiences people have that are psychic in nature. When you have any of these experiences, you are tapping into these mystical powers that dwell within you:
• You know when something is about to happen, such as when the phone is about to ring.
• You can tell what the person you're talking to is feeling or thinking, no matter how much he or she tries to cover it.
• You can sense when a family member or someone close to you is in trouble, even if he or she is miles away.
• You get very agitated, knowing that something is going to go wrong – and it does.
• You can sense ghosts and spirits, and you can tell if a place is haunted.
• You get impressions in your mind, such as images or sounds, when you touch an object that belongs to someone else.
• You have dreams that are not ordinary dreams. You may have out-of-body experiences, prophetic dreams, or receive a message from a deceased loved.
If you answered "yes" to 3 or more of the questions above, this means you have strong psychic powers that you would be able to learn to develop stronger!
How To Develop Your Powers
Just like honing any talent, you need to invest time, patience, and dedication in order to develop your psychic gifts. It also helps to have a psychic advisor who can offer you guidance along the way.
Here is a simple exercise that you can do daily to help you develop your powers:
• Learn to settle your mind. Spend a few minutes each day meditating, and allowing your mind to relax.
• Become aware of the energies around you. As you learn to relax your mind, you will become more in-tune to the subtle energy vibrations in your surroundings.
• Become aware of "out of the blue" thoughts that you have, like flashes of images in your mind, sounds or voices when no one is around, or a sudden sensation when you touch an object.
• Listen to your "gut feelings." No matter how absurd those feelings may seem, it usually pays to listen to your premonitions, such as packing an extra shirt, just because something inside you is saying that you should.
• Keep a journal. Write down your psychic experiences, no matter how trivial or mundane they may seem. As you continue training yourself, you will observe a pattern in the areas where your gifts are strongest.
Being able to awaken and fine-tune these gifts is a very exciting and rewarding experience. All you need is time, dedication, and lots of patience!