What Is Clairvoyance And How To Develop It
Clairvoyance is the psychic ability to see a person, object, or location, without using your normal human senses. Clairvoyance is one of the more well-known psychic abilities out there, but ironically, it is also one of the least understood psychic abilities as well.
What Does Clairvoyance Mean?
The word “clairvoyance” is derived from two French words “clair” which means clear and “voyance”, which means vision. So, in short clairvoyance is literally translated as “clear vision”, which is a fitting name for a psychic ability that lets you “see” things that you normally cannot see with your normal vision.
Is Clairvoyance ESP?
Yes, clairvoyance is ESP, but ESP is not Clairvoyance. Why? That is because clairvoyance is a type of ESP, while the term ESP refers to any or all psychic abilities, like telepathy, precognition, psychometry, and many more!
So, What Exactly Is ESP?
Extrasensory perception, or ESP for short, is a term used to identify any psychic ability that allows a person to gather information about something, without using their 5 physical senses.
If you didn’t already know, ESP is also referred to as your “Sixth Sense”.
What Are The Different Types of ESP?
There are many types of psychic abilities that fall under the term ESP.
If you don’t know what those abilities are, then let me tell you; ESP abilities are abilities that allows a person to sense or perceive things without using their 5 physical senses. There are exceptions of course; psychokinesis (moving objects with your mind) for one, does not involve any perceiving but it is still classified under ESP.
Here are some well-known ESP abilities:
Everyone has intuition. Intuition is the ability to gain knowledge or insight without using logic or reasoning. It usually comes to you as a feeling and it often comes when you least expect it, so in short, you “just know” something is going to happen.
Here examples of intuition:
It’s your birthday and someone gives you a gift. Somehow you just know that you’ll be receiving a new pair of shoes. That’s intuition.
- Déjà vu
Déjà vu is French for “already seen”. So, in short, déjà vu is seeing a flash of a vision of having gone through an experience before, although you know this is your first time experiencing the vision you just saw.
And unlike with intuition, déjà vu comes to you as a quick vision.
Here’s an example of déjà vu:
You’re eating at a new Korean restaurant. It’s your first time eating there since the restaurant just opened, but you see a flash of having eaten here before. That’s déjà vu.
Psychokinesis is the ability to move objects with one’s mind. It is still classified under ESP even though it doesn’t allow you to perceive things.
Retrocognition is the ability to know about things from the past. Unlike intuition, retrocognition doesn’t come to you as a feeling. You usually experience retrocognition by consciously trying to see into the past with your mind.
I’ll use the same example with déjà vu:
You’re eating at a new Korean restaurant. It’s your first tie eating there since the restaurant just opened, but you just have this feeling that you’ve eaten here before. Additionally, you also know what to order in the menu and you also know how the food tastes like. That’s retrocognition.
- Premonition – Premonition is the feeling or warning that something is about to happen. Just like with intuition and déjà vu, premonition comes to you as a feeling and when you least expect it.
Here’s a good example of premonition:
It’s a hot and sunny day. You’ve decided to take a walk and buy some groceries from the nearest store. Somehow, you get this feeling that it’s going to rain, so you bring an umbrella just in case. On your way to the store it starts to rain. This is a premonition.
- Precognition – Precognition is the ability to know about things in the future. Think of precognition as the advanced form of premonition.
Here’s an example:
You’re going to have a job interview tomorrow morning. In order to make sure that you’ll have a good interview, you decide to use your precognitive abilities, and you are willingly using your mind to take a peak tomorrow morning.
All you can see is traffic, traffic, and more traffic! The following day you decide to take the subway instead of driving your car.
Later that night you learn on the news that there was a car accident near where your job interview was, which caused a major traffic jam. That’s what precognition is.
- Telepathy – Telepathy is the ability to transfer, feel, and receive information using one’s mind. To make it easier to understand, think of telepathy as sending an email from your mind to another person’s mind.
Here’s an example:
We have psychic A and psychic B. Psychic A lives 10 miles away from psychic B. Psychic A can tell psychic B what he ate for breakfast using his mind.
- Psychometry – Psychometry is the ability to gain information on someone or something by holding or touching something that is related to the person or the object. A good example would be knowing where a person lives by touching a handkerchief that the person dropped.
- Mediumship – Mediumship is the ability to communicatewith the dead. Just as the name implies, the Medium, serves as a medium of communication between the living and the dead.
- Clairsentience – Clairsentience is the ability to feel auras, emotions, and vibrations of the people, spirits, and animals around them. To put it simply, a clairsentient person can detect people around them by sensing their auras, vibrations, and feelings.
- Clairvoyance – Last but not the least we have clairvoyance. Clairvoyance is the ability to see things far beyond our normal sight. It allows us to see things in the distant past, things hidden in the present, and things in the far future.
Here’s an example:
You’re thinking about your dear friend in the middle of the day. While thinking about your friend, you begin to see visions about her. You see that she is stranded in the middle of nowhere because her car broke down.
Being the caring friend that you are, you decide to call her and ask if she’s okay. She tells you that her car just broke down and that she needs help. You quickly tell her that you’re coming to pick her up. That’s clairvoyance.
These are just some of the more well-known ESP abilities. There many more abilities that ESP covers, and I will more about them in future articles.
What Is Clairvoyance Used For?
Clairvoyance is often used by psychics to gain information about a person, place or event.
And unlike other ESP abilities, clairvoyance gives the psychic detailed and info about a place, object, or person, since it basically allows the psychic to see as if they were there.
This brings us to an interesting question….
Is A Clairvoyant And A Psychic The Same?
They are not the same. A clairvoyant is psychic, but a psychic doesn’t have to be clairvoyant. Psychics have different psychic abilities from one another. So in short, you don’t have to be clairvoyant to be a psychic.
So How Do You Develop Your Clairvoyant Abilities?
Clairvoyance can be attained by those who train and develop their psychic abilities. One way to develop your psychic abilities is by awakening your third eye. But in order to awaken your third eye, you must first know what the third eye is.
What Is The Third Eye?
The Third Eye is a region located between your eyebrows at the center of your forehead. It is a symbol of enlightenment and of awakening.
In Hinduism, the third eye is also where the sixth chakra (centers of spiritual power in the human body) are located. If you didn’t know, the chakras are centers of spiritual power in the human body.
What Happens When You Awaken Your Third Eye?
Awakening your third eye is literally an “eye-opening” experience. It will help you develop your psychic abilities, as well as bring you one step closer to enlightenment.
When your third eye starts to open, be mindful of your environment because you will begin to feel and see some very strange things. Things like ghosts, auras, and things that are about to happen.
Don’t worry because it is normal for any developing psychic to feel and see things that you aren’t accustomed to seeing and feeling before.
With that being said, let’s see how we can awaken your third eye.
How To Open Your Third Eye
You can stimulate your third eye to open by doing the following things:
1. Use your intuition more
By trusting and following your intuition more you are slowly developing your third eye, as well as getting accustomed to using your latent psychic gifts.
2. Get in touch with your creative side – The third eye is often associated with creativity. By getting in touch with your creative side, you are also stimulating the development and awakening of your third eye.
3. Become mindful of your surroundings – The third eye allows you to see things that others cannot see. Just like with being creative, being mindful also helps stimulate the development and awakening of your third eye.
4. Practice Meditation – The third eye opens naturally for those who practice meditation seriously. Meditating and visualizing daily causes your third eye to open. This is a sure way to awaken your third eye.
Clairvoyance is one of the more reliable psychic abilities to have. It gives you a lot of information on a particular person, place, or object.
Developing and mastering this psychic ability is a good way make better decisions and avoid major mistakes in your life.
I hope this article helps you in developing your latent psychic gifts. And remember, the next time someone asks you, “What is clairvoyance?” you’ll know exactly what to say.
If you feel that you have psychic abilities and need some helpful guidance, you can click here to schedule a consultation with me where I can guide you on how to best deal with your situation.
If You Enjoyed Reading This Article, Here Are Some More Articles You May Also Enjoy Reading Too:
Understanding Psychic Abilities: are Remote Viewing and Clairvoyance the Same?
Am I Psychic? Here’s How To Know
Are You Psychic? Understanding Your Psychic Abilities