The Amethyst Stone – Discover It’s Magical Powers
The amethyst stone is said to have excellent healing properties due to the high levels of energy it emanates. You can cleanse your body, mind, and spirit, with the infinite source of power that the amethyst stone embodies.
What is an Amethyst?
An amethyst is the rarest and most sought-after variety of quartz. This gemstone is a six-sided crystal, found within geodes around the world.
The color of the amethyst ranges from light pink to deep purple, indigo, and violet. It is sometimes called the ‘Spirit Stone’ because its violet shade is the same as that of the ‘crown chakra’ – the divine connection to the love, energy, and spirit of the higher power.
The amethyst is a stone seeped in ancient magic, and is known to have protective and healing qualities, and this is why amethyst jewellery is so popular today.
People wear amethyst rings, pendants, and earrings, to benefit from its amazing power.
How Amethysts Have Been Used Throughout History
The amethyst stone has been used for ancient healing, magic, and psychic empowerment, for thousands of years. Hundreds of years ago, the amethyst was moistened with saliva and rubbed on the face of a person afflicted with acne.
In the Bible, there are instances of the amethyst being used as one of the 12 sacred stones worn on the breastplate of the High Priest Aaron. Ancient Egyptian ambassadors carried amethyst scarab beetles for good luck and protection while travelling abroad.
Ancient Persians used amethysts to keep away hail and locusts. In traditional Chinese medicine, the amethyst is prescribed for bad dreams and stomach pains .
How An Amethyst Can Help You?
Amethysts produce tiny, noticeable, magnetic fields. As your body also has a magnetic field, it is capable of exchanging its energy with that of the amethyst. Because the amethyst is a quartz, when you stand in front of it for a few seconds, it can increase your bio-magnetic
field by 100%. It can help you replenish your lost energy, and get you feeling on top of the world again.
The Many Ways An Amethyst Can Help You
Amethysts have two inherent qualities that are responsible for its benefits. These are ‘far infrared radiation’ and ‘negative ion emission’.
Let’s see how these components work through the amethyst to heal your mind, body, and spirit.
- Eases respiratory problems such as asthma.
- Promotes cell growth.
- Enhances blood and bodily fluid circulation.
- Heals wounds.
- Fights bacteria.
- Increases anti-oxidant activity.
- Detoxifies and cleanses your body.
- Removes dangerous aerosols from your body.
- Useful in treating problems of the Central Nervous System as well as the brain.
- After a night on the town, drinking water in which an amethyst is soaked can cure hangovers.
- Enhances your psychic awareness and intuition.
- Aids divine connections and promotes spiritual development.
- Helps in elevating your mood, lifts your spirits and makes you more amiable.
- Lowers stress and all ailments caused by stress such anxiety, ulcers, headaches and blood pressure.
- Giving you clarity of mind allowing you to process information more effectively.
- Restores good memory.
- Useful in battling substance abuse problems.
- Helps in treating insomnia and nightmares.
- Keeps you calm, relaxed and peaceful at all times.
- Makes you confident about yourself.
- Curbs over-indulgence, wards of feelings of guilt and promote good judgement.
- Gives you courage and is said to protect in times of peril.
- Promotes internal balance and harmony thus bringing emotional stability.
- Strengthens commitment when worn by two lovers.
How To Choose The Right Amethyst
If you are planning to buy an amethyst stone, let the stone choose you. It is important to open your mind, and allow the stone to connect with you.
Hold the crystal in your hand, or try on the piece of jewellery in question. You may feel a sudden surge of happiness or energy, or a small tingle in your being.
You will intuitively know when the amethyst is right for you.
How To Access The Magical Powers Of Amethyst
- Amethysts are most effective when worn as jewellery like rings, necklaces, bracelets, pendants or earrings.
- You could also wear it as an amulet or carry it around in your pocket for protection.
- Keep it under your pillow for sleep related problems.
- Place it on the specific ailing part of your body that is ailing.
- To cleanse your crown chakra, place it on the crown of your head and meditate.
- Amethysts can be used as a pendulum for divination.
- You could place it around your home to receive positive vibrations.
- Brew a cleansing amethyst elixir that you can drink, mix in herbal tea, add to bath water or simply apply to an area of the body that needs help.
How To Make A Powerful Amethyst Elixir
What you will need:
- A glass bowl or pitcher.
- Clean spring, mineral or well water.
- An amethyst crystal.
- Wash your amethyst with dish soap and water and rinse it well.
- Place the crystal in your hand communicate and talk to it, letting it know the desired result you want to achieve.
- Get a large bowl, and a glass mason jar.
- Fill the mason jar with water.
- Place the mason jar of clean water in the center the bowl.
- Place your amethyst in the bottom of the glass bowl, and fill it with enough water to cover the crystal.
- Place this bowl, with the jar of water in the center, on a sunny windowsill for about 24 hours.
- After a day,remove the jar of water from the bowl and voila, your cleansing elixir is brewed!
How To Use Your Amethyst Elixir
You can use this elixir to take in the benefits of Amethyst. Here is a list of ways to use it for your benefit:
- You can drink this powerful energy-charged water to receive it's benefits and energy
- You can pour some of it into your bath water
- You can rub some of it on your body
- You can place it beside your bed for protection and healing while you sleep
- you can put some of this water in your pet's drinking water so that he or she can also receive it's benefits
- You can put some of the water into the water you use to water your plants
These are just a few ways you can use. It's uses is only limited by your imagination!
Powerful Facts You Need To Know About An Amethyst?
- The amethyst is the birth stone for Aquarius.
- The word amethyst is derived from the Greek word ‘amethystos’ which means ‘remedy against drunkenness’
- Amethysts are given as wedding anniversary gifts for the 4th, 6th and 17th year of marriage.
- The amethyst is called the ‘Purple Ray’ because of the energy it radiates.
- An amethyst is mounted on the rings worn by Roman Catholic Bishops.
Harnessing the power of the amethyst stone could allow you to bring about a complete positive change in your physical, mental, emotional and spiritual being.
The amethyst stone emanates high energy, purifies negative vibrations and creates a safe and secure place for you to return to your source of personal power.